The Tournament of Roses Association welcomes applications from all eligible candidates who are willing and able to give their time in order to promote and produce the Rose Parade and the Rose Bowl Game, as well as participate in other Tournament activities and events.
As a new member you should expect to spend about 40 hours per year on committee work, mostly during the last few weeks of each year. Before applying, please note that Tournament membership should be considered a long-term commitment and that, if accepted as a member, you will be required to:
• Pay annual dues of $55-$75, depending on member level
• Purchase a white suit and accessories (approximately $200 to $300)
• Attend committee meetings throughout the year
• Be available to work on and around New Year’s Day each year
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that applying will result in membership as there are more applicants than openings each year. The Association has a membership limit of 935.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
In order to be considered for membership, the following are required:
• Place of employment or residence must be within 15 miles of Pasadena City Hall (100 N. Garfield Ave. Pasadena CA 91101)
• Age between 21 and 67 as of January 19, 2017.
• Completed application, available from the Director of Membership Services (see below)
• Two letters of reference attesting to the applicant’s dependability, enthusiasm, commitment to community service, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
An informational reception will be held for anyone interested in volunteer membership with the Tournament of Roses on Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at Tournament House, 391 S. Orange Grove Blvd. Pasadena 91184.
To register for the reception, or to learn more about membership, please email Katie McFadden, Director of Membership Services, at [email protected].