Post Parade: A Showcase of Floats presented by Miracle-Gro
Following the Rose Parade, the floral masterpieces are parked along Sierra Madre and Washington boulevards in Pasadena, allowing visitors to further appreciate the design and workmanship that goes into their creation. Visitors are able to walk within a few feet of the floats and see for themselves the creativity and detail of the floral displays. Tournament volunteer members – “white suiters” – are on hand to answer questions.
Date and Ticket Information
Dates and times for Post Parade are:
- January 1, 2015, 1 – 5 PM
- January 2, 2015, 9AM – 5PM (Senior citizens and disabled visitors welcome 7AM – 9AM)
- January 3, 2015, 9AM – 5PM (Senior citizens and disabled visitors welcome 7AM – 9AM)
Advance tickets are available for $10 through Sharp Seating Company. Tickets may also be purchased at the venue until 3 p.m. each day of the event.
- All strollers, backpacks, purses, bags, etc. are subject to search prior to entry into the Post Parade venue.
- Skateboards, roller skates, bicycles, tricycles, Segways and wagons are not permitted. Please note that use of a stroller is difficult due to terrain.
- No animals, except service animals, are permitted within the venue.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes as there are no trams and seating is limited. Viewing all the floats will require walking a distance of approximately 2.5 miles and will take at least two hours. The venue is often crowded and you will be walking and viewing at a leisurely pace.
- The least crowded time to visit Post Parade is during the morning hours on January 2 and 3. At peak viewing times, there may be lines to purchase tickets, ride the Park-N-Ride shuttle, or enter the Post Parade venue.
- At the entrance, pick up a brochure with a map of the Post Parade venue layout. The brochure is also available at all Park-N-Ride locations.
- Remember to stay hydrated, particularly if the day is hot. Water is available free-of-charge at three locations within the venue.
- There are a limited number of food vendors at the venue. Visitors are welcome to bring small quantities of food and non-alcoholic drinks into the venue. (No coolers, please).
- Before you begin viewing the floats, decide where you and others in your party will meet in case you are inadvertently separated and cannot communicate via cell phone. One option is to meet near the Lost and Found tent at the intersection of Sierra Madre and Washington boulevards.
- There will be ATMs inside the venue.
- Please deposit your recyclable items in the marked bins.
- American Sign Language interpreters will be available for hearing impaired guests on January 2nd and 3rd from 7-9 a.m. Please inquire at entry gates or follow signs at the venue for details.
Park-N-Ride Shuttle tickets are $3 for a round trip; children 5 and younger ride free.
Street parking near the event is limited. To accommodate the large number of expected attendees and to make each visit more enjoyable, the Tournament of Roses Association provides easy and convenient shuttle bus service from three Park-N-Ride locations. Shuttle riders have access to a priority entry line upon arriving at the venue.
Driving Directions for Post Parade Park-N-Ride Locations
Pasadena City College, 1570 E. Colorado Blvd.
From 210 Fwy, exit Hill Avenue and head south. Turn left on Colorado Boulevard. Turn right on Bonnie Avenue to Del Mar Boulevard and follow the signs to the parking lot.
From 110 Fwy North, take freeway until it ends in Pasadena. The freeway then becomes Arroyo Parkway. Turn right on Del Mar Boulevard. Continue east to Hill Ave. and follow the signs to the parking lot.
Community Education Center, 3035 E. Foothill Blvd.
From 210 Fwy, take exit toward San Gabriel Boulevard. Turn slight left onto La Tierra Street. Turn right onto North San Gabriel Boulevard. Turn left onto Foothill Boulevard.
From 110 Fwy North, exit Orange Grove Boulevard and turn left. Turn right onto California Boulevard. Turn left onto Pasadena Avenue and merge onto 210 Fwy East. Take exit toward San Gabriel Boulevard. Turn slight left onto La Tierra Street. Turn right onto North San Gabriel Boulevard. Turn left onto Foothill Boulevard.
Lot B, 1001 Rose Bowl Drive (January 2-3 ONLY)
From 210 Fwy West, continue west to 134 Freeway. Stay west on the 134 Fwy and exit at Orange Grove Boulevard which will be the first exit from the 134 Fwy. Turn right on Orange Grove Boulevard. Continue until you see the sign for the Rose Bowl. Turn left on Rosemont Avevue and drive down into the Bowl area. Follow the signs to parking Lot B.
From 110 Fwy, North, exit at Orange Grove Boulevard and turn left. Continue north, past California and Colorado boulevards and over the 134 Fwy. Continue until you see the sign for the Rose Bowl. Turn left on Rosemont Avenue and drive down into the Bowl area. Follow the signs to parking Lot B.
MTA/Gold Line Shuttle Service
The MTA offers shuttle service from the Sierra Madre Villa Gold Line Station on January 1 to the Post Parade venue 12:30 – 3 p.m. Shuttle service from the Post Parade area back to the Sierra Madre Villa Station will continue until 5:30 p.m. On January 2-3, shuttle service from the station to Post Parade Park will begin at 7 a.m. and end at 3 p.m. Service from the Post Parade venue back to Sierra Madre Villa Station will continue until 5:30 pm.
During the hours of operation the shuttle buses will pick up every five to ten minutes from the station. Cost to ride is a regular fare plus a transfer.