The Tournament of Roses Association welcomes applications from all eligible candidates who are willing and able to give their time in order to promote and produce the Rose Parade and the Rose Bowl Game, as well as participate in other Tournament activities and events.
As a new member you should expect to spend about 40 hours per year on committee work, mostly during the last few weeks of each year. Before applying, please note that Tournament membership should be considered a long-term commitment and that, if accepted as a member, you will be required to:
- Pay annual dues of $55-100, depending on member level
- Purchase a white suit and accessories (approximately $300 to $400)
- Accept several assignments throughout the year
- Work on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
In addition, it is hoped you will:
- Occasionally assist with the work of committees other than your own when additional personnel is needed
- Support Tournament of Roses Association activities throughout the year
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that applying will result in membership as there are more applicants than openings each year. The Association has a membership limit of 935.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
In order to be considered for membership, the following are required:
- Place of employment or residence must be within 15 miles of Pasadena City Hall
- Must be at least 21 years of age but not more than 64 years of age prior to the third Thursday in January of the calendar year in which applying
- Ability and willingness to work on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
- Ability to devote time and effort to designated tasks at the times required
- Interest in volunteering and commitment to community service, as evidenced by involvement in professional, civic, service, political and/or community organizations
- Reputation for integrity, reliability, dependability, commitment and dedication
- Applicant's statement of reason for wishing to join the Tournament of Roses Association
- Two reference letters; these may be from Tournament of Roses Association members but they do not have to be
How to Apply
To request an application, please contact Membership Services at [email protected].