The Tournament of Roses Royal Court selection process is open to those who meet the following qualifications:
- Unmarried women who have not previously been married, have no children and who agree not to marry before January 3, 2013.
- Legal residents of the trustee areas of the Pasadena Area Community College District
- A senior in high school or enrolled as a full-time student (12 units) in any accredited school or college in the trustee areas of the Pasadena Area Community College District
- Participants must demonstrate that they have earned at least a 2.0 ("C") grade point average (GPA) in the current and previous year's course work.
- Participants must be at least 17 years of age by December 31, 2012, and not more than 21 years before January 5, 2013.
- Each participant must complete an official application and participate in one of the initial interview sessions.
The students who meet the listed qualifications and attending one of the following schools are eligible for participation in the 2012-2013 Tournament of Roses Royal Court:
- AGBU Vatche and Tamar Manoukian
- Alverno High School
- Arcadia High School
- Blair High School
- California Institute of Technology
- Flintridge Preparatory School
- Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy
- Gabrielino High School
- John Marshal Fundamental High School
- John Muir High School
- La Canada High School
- La Salle High School
- Maranatha High School
- Mayfield Senior School
- Pasadena City College
- Pasadena High School
- Polytechnic School
- Rio Hondo Prep School
- Rosemead High School
- San Gabriel Academy
- San Gabriel Mission High School
- San Marino High School
- South Pasadena High School
- Southwestern Academy
- Temple City High School
- Westridge School
To fill out an application for the 2012 Royal Court Tryouts please submit your application.