The present exclusive agreement among the Tournament of Roses Association, the Big Ten Conference and the Pac-12 Conference was born in 1947. The pact is the oldest intercollegiate postseason bowl agreement between two major conferences in the United States. Since 1947, both conferences have undergone various transformations. The Big Ten Conference’s official name throughout this period was the Intercollegiate Conference of Faculty Representatives. It did not formally adopt the name Big Ten until 1987. In 1990, the Big Ten extended an invitation to Penn State and with the addition of Nebraska in 2011, the Big Ten Conference now comprises of 12 teams. Today’s Pac-12 Conference originated as the Pacific Coast Conference and changed to the Athletic Association of Western Universities from 1959-68, then to the Pacific-8 Conference in 1968, then to the Pac-10 in 1978 and finally to the Pac-12 in 2011.