PASADENA, Calif. (Feb. 27, 2014) – Pasadena Tournament of Roses® President Richard L. Chinen today announced 18 of the 20 marching bands that will participate in the 126th Rose Parade, themed “Inspiring Stories.” The bands hail from across the United States
as well as from Denmark, Japan and Mexico and each brings an inspirational story. The two bands not yet announced will be from the universities competing in the Rose Bowl Game®. They will be added to the lineup when those schools are determined.
The 18 bands announced today are (listed alphabetically by name):
- Blue Springs High School – The Golden Regiment, Blue Springs, Mo.
- Cavalcade of Bands Honor Band, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Cypress High School – Centurion Imperial Brigade, Cypress, Calif.
- Escuela Secundaria General #5, Manuel R. Gutierrez – Banda Musical Delfines, Veracruz, Mexico
- Helsingor Pipegarde – Elsinore Girls Marching Band, Denmark
- Koriyama Honor Green Band, Koriyama, Japan
- Lakota West High School – Marching Firebirds, West Chester, Ohio
- Legacy High School – Lightning Marching Band, Broomfield, Colo.
- Los Angeles Unified School District, All District High School Honor Band, Los Angeles
- Maui High School – “Saber” Marching Band and Color Guard, Kahului, Hawaii
- O’Fallon Township High School – Marching Panthers, O’Fallon, Ill.
- Pasadena City College Tournament of Roses Honor Band & Herald Trumpets, Pasadena, Calif.
- Robert E. Lee High School – Mighty Rebel Band, Midland, Texas
- Round Rock High School Dragon Band, Round Rock, Texas
- The Salvation Army Tournament of Roses Band, Los Angeles
- Temple City High School – The Pride of Temple City, Temple City, Calif.
- United States Marine Corps West Coast Composite Band
- Walton High School – Marching Raider Band, Marietta, Ga.
Bands are selected by the Tournament of Roses based on a variety of criteria including musicianship, marching ability and entertainment or special interest value. In order to be considered, band representatives submitted detailed applications, which included
photos, video footage and letters of recommendation. Bands are required to raise all necessary funds for travel and accommodations. In addition to marching in the five-and-a-half mile long Rose Parade on New Year’s Day, bands also perform in one of three Bandfest
events scheduled for Dec. 29 and 30, 2014, at Pasadena City College.
The Tournament of Roses currently is accepting band applications for the 2016 Rose Parade. Please visit
www.tournamentofroses.com/bandapplication for details.
About the Pasadena Tournament of Roses®
The Pasadena Tournament of Roses is a volunteer organization that annually hosts the
Rose Parade, the Rose Bowl Game and a variety of associated events. The Tournament’s 935 volunteer members act as ambassadors of the organization within the community and serve on one of 31 committees that ensure the success of the parade and game. Collectively,
they contribute upwards of 80,000 hours of manpower each year. For additional information on the Tournament of Roses please visit the official website at www.tournamentofroses.com.